Monday, April 4, 2011

Clinical social worker making public aware of insurance-covered talk therapy

Showcasing experienced entrepreneurs offers an added marketing communications or social media element to help promote their businesses. In addition, it provides a forum through which they can share solutions to unique business challenges that might be the answer to a similar challenge with which yet another entrepreneur is struggling. This openness of information flows with the following story offered by

Connie McKeogh, MSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Adult Counseling & Therapy Practice
847-845-8033
connie@socialworker4therapy.com
http://www.socialworker-therapist.com/

ABOUT MY BUSINESS
Connie McKeogh, MSW, is a private practice in Barrington specializing in talk therapy. I am a licensed clinical social worker and certified alcohol & drug counselor licensed by the Illinois Department of Regulations. I received my Masters degree in social work from the Jane Addams College of Social Work in Chicago. My belief is that people are often confronted by life circumstances that have the potential to negatively impact their emotions, concentration, finances, employment, relationships, health and marriage. Human nature dictates that we turn to our friends and family to process these experiences. While this can be an effective method to relieve stress, over time, we are often stressing out our friends and relatives with our stories. I provide the safe environment where clients can confidentially process their personal and/or professional fears, concerns, ideas and goals. As part of this therapeutic process, I advocate, empower, encourage and link clients to services, as needed.

MY UNIQUENESS
What sets me apart from others in my field is that I maintain a multicultural practice. In addition to treating people of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, I have also worked with clients from Poland, India, Iran, Guatemala, and Mexico. My practice is also unique in that I provide high-level treatment for substance abuse and mental health issues. For 12 years I provided such treatments to hospital emergency room patients. This training led to my practicing with an addictions psychiatrist in a group practice which propelled me into my own private practice.

IDEAL CLIENT PROFILE
Any one who wants to process personal life concerns in a safe and confidential atmosphere with a trusted therapist would qualify as my ideal client.

UNIQUE CHALLENGE
A great number of people are unaware that licensed clinical social workers are allowed to bill insurance companies in the same way that doctors do. As a result, these same people fail to seek the therapy that they desperately need. Medicare is another example of a well kept secret. It’s not commonly known by baby boomers and senior citizens that Medicare pays for talk therapy. My challenge is to do what I can to get the word out and educate every insured person on the fact that he or she can affordably take advantage of my services.

EFFECTIVE SOLUTION
Through networking and communicating via every possible method, I am sharing information on therapy awareness and affordability to all who need to know about it. The back of all insurance cards lists the Mental Health and Substance Abuse contact number. Calling that number will lead to a list of licensed clinical social workers in one’s local area – which includes Connie McKeogh, MSW. I am currently on the Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Humana, United Health Care and Medicare insurance panels – soon to include Aetna Insurance. The more people know about the services available to them, the sooner they will be on their way to good mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment